Terms & Conditions
All students must be in possession of a signed Provisional Driving Licence for Group B Cars on commencement of the training.
• INSURANCE: All fees include student cover whilst driving the School vehicle, (provided the student is licensed to drive) and is accompanied by an instructor or on a Driving Test with an approved Examiner(s).
• CANCELLATIONS: The Driving School requires a minimum of 24 hours notice if students wish to cancel or change a scheduled lesson. The School reserve the right to charge the full lesson fee if the above periods of notice are not given because the cancellation will result in loss of earnings for the Driving School.
• PAYMENTS: We accept payment by Cash, Cheque, Paypal or Online Banking.
• PRICES: Discounts and Special Offers are available at the sole discretion of Russells Driving School. Prices are subject to change and any discounts or Special Offers may be replaced or withdrawn at any time.
• ARRANGING LESSONS: Your driving lesson will be on a one to one basis. Lessons are arranged in Person or by text message, the arranged lesson will remain open for the pupil to confirm their appointment for 24 hours, after the 24 hours if the pupil hasn’t replied the lesson time will be offered to another pupil.
• APPOINTMENTS: While every care will be taken to ensure Students receive training at the requested time, all bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to exceptional traffic conditions, adverse weather, mechanical breakdown of equipment or any other cause outside of our control. If, in the view of the Instructor, the student is unfit to carry out the lesson safely; due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol, Drugs or lack of sleep) The lesson will be charged in full.
• PENALTIES: Whenever you are driving in the school vehicle, you will be under close supervision. However, Russell´s Driving School cannot be held responsible for any infringement of the law. Any fines that are incurred will be the responsibility of the driver.
• THE DRIVING TEST: The school reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle if, in the Instructors opinion; the student has not reached the required standard. The school cannot be held responsible for test appointments being postponed or cancelled by the DVSA.
• PERSONAL PROPERTY: The School accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle.
Data Protection Officer : Russell Garner
Contact : 01280 706507 07515 877 348
Nature of Data Held
In order to respond to enquiries from this site, we ask for your name plus email address and / or phone number. This gives us the opportunity to personalise your reply and contact you using your prefered contact method.
This information is kept solely for the purpose of answering your original enquiry. Once the enquiry has been satisfactorily dealt with, your personal data are deleted permanently from the online database.
If we are unable to contact you and your enquiry remains incomplete for 180 days, the information is deleted, regardless of there having been no satisfactory conclusion to the enquiry.
Additional Data Held for Pupils
In order to book your driving test, it is necessary to retain your driving licence number. This, along with any other contact data that you have provided will be deleted on successful completion of your driving test or at the end of our specified data retention period.
Successful Candidate Photographs
When candidates pass their driving test, they will be asked for a photograph for promotional purposes. If verbal or written permission is given, the image will be displayed on our web site and in other promotional material until such permission is withdrawn.
Data held relating to customers
Contact information is held for the purpose of:
• Responding to your enquiry
• Estimating costs
• Reminding of lessons
• Advising of any changes or cancellations
• Informing of test dates etc.
Data Access Policy
Under the provision of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request to view, or have removed any data held relating to you as a natural person.
This can be requested direct to the DPO.
Data Retention Policy
Your data is held until satisfactory conclusion of your enquiry or until you are no longer using our services.
Enquiry info is held in the database for no more than 3 days. This is to ensure we can respond to them even if there is an issue with email delivery. No automated processing of data is carried out on the database holding your information, other than a regular check for expired data. To ensure compliance with our policies, every day, the database is queried for entries that are greater in age than the number of days laid out in our Data Retention Terms Policy.
If found, the record and all associated data are automatically deleted from the active database. The active database is backed up daily, overwriting the previous copy from the same day the week before, so there will be a latency between deleting from the active database and the backup version. This will mean a possible delay of a maximum of seven days before final eradication of over-age data.